This is the third beta version of the mjbots qdd100 quasi-direct drive brushless servo.
- Torque, measured at zero speed, ambient 20C lab, 24V input, no airflow or heatsink until limiting occurs
- Peak: 16 Nm (< 1s)
- 10 Nm - 60s
- 6 Nm - 400s
- 3.3 Nm - Indefinite
- Peak speed: 3,600 dps @ 36V -- 2,300 dps @ 24V
- Backlash: +- 0.25 degrees
- Weight: 507g
- Control rate: 15-30kHz
- Mechanical - 2D CAD drawing - 3D STEP File
- Outer diameter: 100mm
- Thickness: 44mm
- M3 fixed mounting bolt pattern on front and back
- M3/M4 mounting bolt pattern on output
- Voltage input: 10-44V
- Peak power: 500W
- Communication: 5Mbps CAN-FD
- Power connector: 2x XT-30
- Data connector: 2x JST PH-3
- Open source motor driver and firmware with programming port and CAN bootloader: https://github.com/mjbots/moteus
In addition, it contains 2 copies of the XT30 mating connector for power and the JST-PH3 mating connector for data.
The servo is also available in development kit form.
NOTE: This is a BETA product. There will be rough edges, possibly lots of them. The documentation isn’t great / is non-existent, the firmware has not seen wide use, the hardware may be unreliable, and likely has cosmetic blemishes. You’re OK with that, and don’t mind providing feedback on how the servo works and how it could be improved.
That said, there is still a 1 year warranty for manufacturing defects as for all mjbots products.