NOTICE 2020-10-25: moteus controllers are currently out of stock. ETA of new controllers is 2020-11-02.
The moteus brushless controller turns a hobby brushless motor into a high performance servo actuator. It integrates the necessary drive electronics, a high performance 32 bit microcontroller, an absolute magnetic encoder, and a high-speed data interface in a compact package. Power and data are daisy chained for integration into multiple servo systems.
They can be used to build dynamic robots like the mjbots quad A1 (inspired by the backflip capable MIT mini-cheetah).
- 3 phase brushless FOC based control
- 170 MHz 32 bit STM32G4 microcroprocessor
- Voltage Input: 12-34V
- Peak Phase Current: 100A
- Max electrical frequency: 4kHz
- Dimensions: 46x53mm - CAD drawing in github
- Mass: 14.2g
- Communications: 5Mbps CAN-FD
- Control rate: 40kHz
- Power Connector: 2x XT30PW-M
- Data Connector: 2x JST PH-3
- Open source firmware (Apache 2.0): https://github.com/mjbots/moteus
Each controller also has included 2 mating XT30 connectors, 2 mating JST-PH3 housings with crimp terminals, and a 1/4" diametrically magnetized magnet.
Documentation is available in github and youtube: