The moteus brushless controller turns a hobby brushless motor into a high performance servo actuator. It integrates the necessary drive electronics, a high performance 32 bit microcontroller, an absolute magnetic encoder, and a high-speed data interface in a compact package. Power and data are daisy chained for integration into multiple servo systems.
They can be used to build dynamic robots like the mjbots quad A1 (inspired by the backflip capable MIT mini-cheetah).
- 3 phase brushless FOC based control
- Voltage Input: 10-44V
- Temperature: -40-85C
- Peak Electrical Power: 500W
- Mass: 14.2g
- Control rate: 40kHz
- 170 MHz 32 bit STM32G4 microcroprocessor
- Peak phase current: 100A
- Max electrical frequency: 4kHz
- Dimensions: 46x53mm - CAD drawing / STEP file
- Communications: 5Mbps CAN-FD
- Power Connector: 2x XT30PW-M
- Data Connector: 2x JST PH-3
- Open source firmware (Apache 2.0): https://github.com/mjbots/moteus
Each controller also has included 2 mating XT30 connectors, 2 mating JST-PH3 housings with crimp terminals, and a 1/4" diametrically magnetized magnet.
- A developer kit is also available. It includes a motor, fdcanusb, power supply and necessary cabling.
- A heat spreader can be used to improve thermal performance
Documentation is available in github and youtube: